29 November 2007

NFL Network, Week 13


Kinda Like Communism, But Completely Different

I'm one of the 24 people in America that has the NFL Network. Granted, I have the NFL Network at home, so when I am at school I happen to be shit out of luck. To me, the NFL Network is like Communism. On paper it is a brilliant idea, in practice it actually kind of sucks. On the plus side, I can be involved with the NFL on a whole new level, whether it is the coverage you get from NFL Total Access, their coverage of the Combine, their training camp coverage, the new series about each Super Bowl, and even when they show non-NFL events like the World Cup of American Football. On the downside, not everyone has it, so when they show games on Thursday nights noone gets to watch. In the past, I haven't been worried about that a all because they have generally had fairly shitty games on the NFL Network and the one that I did care about I got on free TV anyway. Tonight is the Green Bay Packers playing the Dallas Cowboys on the NFL Network, and I don't get to watch the game because I am at school. The supposed "Battle for the NFC" is tonight, and a majority of people will not get to watch it at all. I'm going to have to go to a bar to watch, and even then I might not get to see it because the cable carrier in Emporia feels the need to not have it in their packages. The NFL Network is on the verge of failing, and unless they can get their shit together, then we may lose what was once a brilliant idea that fell just a little short in practice.

WEEK 13
104-72 on the year, 8-8 last week, here's hoping this week turns out better. I mean shoot, who thought the Bengals would go nuts, Oakland would win a division game an Denver would be dumb enough to kick to Hester again even after he ran one back for a TD.

Green Bay v. Dallas - Tough choice, but my gut says Dallas.

San Francisco v. Carolina - Better question is, who cares?

Jacksonville v. Indianapolis - So hot right now, should beat slumping Colts.

Buffalo v. Washington - RIP Man-Beast.

Houston v. Tennessee - This is a toss up depending on which Titans show up.

Atlanta v. St. Louis

Seattle v. Philadelphia

Detroit v. Minnesota

NY Jets v. Miami - Crap shoot.

San Diego v. Kansas City - Fool me once, shame on you...

Denver v. Oakland - Outright win this time.

Cleveland v. Arizona

NY Giants v. Chicago - If Elisha doesn't throw 50 bajillion picks.

Tampa Bay v. New Orleans

Cincinnatti v. Pittsburgh

New England v. Baltimore - Philly came close, but Baltimore won't do it.

No comments: