11 October 2007

Week 6 Picks and Shit


i love double meanings, especially when they make fun of KU

As anyone who knows me will attest, I hate KU. Yes, I'm from Kansas, but I cannot stand Lawrence, KU, or anything that has any remote connection to the school...unless it's a friend and then I'm fairly tolerant. This usually gets the response of people asking me if I am a K-state fan instead, to which I must respond to with a resounding "NO" as well. I don't like any of the Kansas schools as far as college sports go, barring the exception that is Emporia State, and only because I go there. I never became a fan of college sports until my senior year of high school when I went to Alabama to visit my Grandma, and that was when I found out that they have a channel devoted to nothing but Crimson Tide sports. After watching that channel for 2 weeks straight, I knew pretty much everything about the football team and was pretty sure I had finally found a college team that I enjoyed. I liked the craziness of the fans, the prestige of the team even if the weren't winning it all every year, and best of all, it was a jumping on point in which they weren't doing well ensuring that it wouldn't be called a bandwagoning moment. So now, it's 5 years later and I've seen them do shitty, mediocre, and even good. It's given me another degree of fandom in the NFL as well, now I have former Bama players to root for, and hate as in the case of Derrick Thomas. I also know the basketball team too, which really says something for me as a fan because I really don't like basketball that much. But, back to the point, I hate KU. The worst part of it is when people I know assume that my hatred for KU is because I'm a K-state fan, as evidenced on Saturday when KU beast K-state at football. The game was close, but had been over for about an hour when I get a text message from a female friend of mine who will remain nameless, it says "take that, ROCK CHALK BABY!" Now, I do talk a lot of shit on KU, but for them to be so excited about beating nothing but cupcake opponents, and then a weak K-state side is ridiculous. Play real teams and go 5-0, I bet you'll go 0-5 and your coach will suffer a heart attack on the sideline. I heard from a friend of mine that he went in to a restaurant and Mangini came in to eat, it was a buffet and Mangini kept eating and eating and ate the restaurant out of food and they had to close forever. Actually, that was loosely from The Simpsons, but my friend did say that he ate about 3 appetizers and then somewhere around 2 meals and a few drinks...my guess is that he then went to McDonalds afterward. Mangini makes me take back every Jabba The Hutt joke I ever made about Charlie Weiss, and then transfer it all to Mangini. If I ever see KU play a "real" team this year, and by real I mean a team that isn't considered a cupcake, then I assure you that they will lose faster than you can say "every Chiefs QB ever has sucked, with exception of Joe Montana, Brodie Croyle and Len Dawson." It saddens me to know that I have so many friends who make the poor life decision of being a KU fan, but as long as they have their rock chalk, I'll still give them mine...Rock Chalk Gayhawk, Fuck KU!

DENVER BRONCOS: After last week, all I have to say is thank God they are on bye. I hope they can get their shit together after that pitiful performance to the Chargers. It felt like the Chargers just forgot about every other game and them prepared for nothing but Denver for the first 4 weeks of the season. Jesus Denver needs to do something.

WEEK 6 PICKS, HOME TEAM IN CAPS, WINNER IN BOLD
(41-35 on the year)
Rams
v RAVENS - This is gonna be ugly, and I only pick STL because the Ravens D is that bad.

Redskins v PACKERS

Titans
v BUCCANEERS

Bengals
v CHIEFS - The Bengals don't need a defense to beat the Chiefs, just keep the Offense off the field with long, slow drives

Eagles v JETS - Crap shoot.

JAGUARS
v Texans

BEARS v Vikings - Adrian Peterson, for the win.

BROWNS
v Dolphins

CARDINALS v Panthers

Raiders
v CHARGERS

Patriots
v COWBOYS - For all that is good and holy I want both teams to somehow lose, but if I have to pick it's the lesser of two evils in the Pats.

SEAHAWKS
v Saints

Giants v FALCONS - I cannot understand why this game is the Monday Night game, I feel like they need flex scheduling sooner rather than later. The same goes for the Sunday Night game. Excellent scheduling NFL, way to go.

ALCS AND NLCS PICKS, WINNERS IN BOLD
INDIANS
over Boston in 5 - I hate Boston, but I also hate the Indians, so this isn't a bias pick. The Indians have been hot as of late, and I have a feeling Boston will choke.

ROCKIES over Arizona in 6 - Colorado has been so hot as of late, and despite the Diamondbacks having beat them the only time in about the past 20, I cannot see it happening more than twice.

No comments: