29 October 2007

I'm Probably Gonna Get Sued For This


I'm Probably Gonna Get Sued For This

As you all know, I am a wrestling fan. While it isn't as well known these days as it was way back in my youth, I still keep myself relatively up to date with the goings on of the WWE and to a lesser extent TNA. Now, I'm not the guy that is going to go stake myself out in the floor lounge to watch every week, but if I see it on, I'll probably check it out until I either get bored or find it way too ridiculous. That is why I came up with this, taking the current WWE roster, I am going to go over a series of storylines that could be used on television if they were smart. The only change to the current roster is that I am going to re-hire Cryme Tyme...not just because they were funny but because they would work the part I need, I also am going to re-hire Teddy Hart. So, without further ado...

First things first, trade Snitsky to Smackdown for MVP, Hardcore Holly/Jim Duggan to Smackdown for Chris Masters and Kenny Dykstra and Santino Marelli/Super Crazy to ECW for CM Punk/Elijah Burke. From there begin a feud with the returning Cryme Tyme with Cade and Murdoch. Have Cryme Tyme return as a team of thugs instead of the fun guys they used to be, sell it on the way they were fired as a means to get over. Wait a couple weeks and give them the belts after they destroy the tag team ranks of Raw and go on to start trying to recruit Superstars such as Elijah Burke, MVP and Shelton Benjamin. Have Burke and MVP join up but delay Shelton for a couple weeks to set up a will he/won't he situation and end it with Benjamin turning on Haas to start a feud there. While this is going on, keep up the Shawn Michaels feud with Orton, maybe even giving Michaels a small run there going in to Survivor Series. During a promo for Michaels, have Harry Smith cut in talking about his families history, bring up the Montreal Screw Job and say that he wants to bury the hatchet between Michaels and the Hart family at Survivor Series. End Survivor series with the New Hart Foundation debut with Teddy Hart, Nattie Neidhart and TJ Wilson screwing over Michaels and giving Orton the title. From there have Michaels and inevitably HHH feud with the New Hart Foundation to put them over. The following night, have Orton cut a promo where Cryme Tyme, Burke, MVP and Shelton come out to intimidate Orton saying that their boss wants to "meet" with him. Lead this up for a few weeks and reveal the boss to be a returning heel Lashley and set up a Randy Orton/Bobby Lashley feud. Have Orton form a counter-alliance with Charlie Haas, Cody Rodes and Kenny Dykstra as the "New Blood" tag team, Chris Masters and Ken Kennedy. Jeff Hardy can feud with Umaga and Carlito over the IC belt, the tag belts can go between Cryme Tyme, the New Blood, Hart Foundation, Kendrick and London, Cade and Murdoch and anyone else they want to throw in there. Have Lashley beat Orton for the belt and play and Orton sidelined storyline giving Kennedy the chance to challenge and elevate himself. When the time comes, they can do the John Cena return and even have him go heel and side with Lashley or even take over Lashley's crew after a loss to Kennedy for the belt.

Accounting for nearly everyone on the Raw roster, aside from the pending Chris Jericho return, and then also adding a few familiar faces, this is a surefire way to bring back the old faction feel to Raw in a limited fashion as a hope to boost ratings and garner new interest. Sure, it may sound like a re-hash of the Nation of Domination, but it worked and can probably work again. It's not like they haven't reused old storylines and factions before, look at the nWo and DX.

It is only when I finish this that I realize how much of a nerd I am, or how much I should be writing for WWE, or both. See what the Red Sox do to me?

Credit for names, characters, everything to WWE including it's logo. Please don't sue me, I promise I know the product.

No comments: